|Name and Address of the College||VIKRAM DEB AUTONOMOUS COLLEGE JEYPORE,
DIST-KORAPUT (ODISHA) PIN-764001
|Date of establishment of the college||1st July1947|
|Campus area in acres||25 acres|
|Built-in area in sq mts. / sq fts||1,12,154 sq ft(Excluding Hostels and Quarters)|
|Category/Type of the College||Government College -Autonomous; Affiliated to Berhampur University|
|Year of UGC recognition||1954|
|Year of Up gradation||First Grade College from 1961|
|Date of conferment of Autonomous status||16-07-2004|
|Principal||Smt.C.Savitri, Reader in Physics|
|Contacts Numbers||06854-251395/ 9439474366|
|Number of Programs offered||08|
|Number of subjects taught||18|
|Number of self-funded Programs offered||03|
|Number of working days in the last academic year||240|
|Number of teaching days in the last academic year||180|
|Status of the college||Multi-Faculty institution|
|Graduate courses||(B.A.) Arts, (B.Sc.) Science, (B.Com) Commerce|
|Post-Graduate cours||M.A. (History, Economics, Political Science) M.Sc. (Chemistry),M.Com (Accountancy)|
Mission / Vision
- To establish itself as a premier A-Grade Institute of Higher Learning of the State in general and of this remote and tribal dominated region in particular by engaging itself in the service of a large population of Schedule Castes and Tribes.
- To provide quality education through academic, cultural and physical activities and prepare the youth as responsible citizens for effective participation in diverse spheres of a rapidly changing society.
- To develop a curriculum specific to the needs of the local society and to preserve and protect the traditional values and cultural heritage of this area.
- To make quality education available at a very low and affordable cost.
- To excel in research activities and curricular development so as to make this institution highly sought after by students, researchers and academicians alike. The college aims at conducting research on social, cultural and ethnic milieu of the tribal communities of the locality which are at the verge of extinction due to the onslaught of urban culture.